Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not About Me?

I am an introvert. And generally speaking... introverts think about themselves way too much. Well today I was in a terrible depressed mood, and it all had to do with me. A few situations in life have got me thinking about my flaws. Wow, I have a lot.
I am a perfectionist. I want to be like Christ. I strive to be perfect and I beat myself up when I'm not. I will never be perfect so I need to give up that desire! Yes, I should definitely try to be like Christ, but I can't hope to be perfect. Why do I waste so much time trying to get there?
I am a worrier. I am full of anxiety. I say harsh things to my good friends. I do dumb things. I think sinful thoughts. I am judgemental. And SO much more. I focus on myself and my flaws so much that I can't see Jesus. And when I find fault in all that is wrong with me, I get mad at myself, and hate myself for who I am. I am so sinful! A terrible person, not worthy of anything. No matter what I do, I will never be good enough.

God. Thank-you for Grace.
Thank-you for sending Your son to die for my sins- so His blood would cover all my faults.
Thank-you for making me- making me the way I am with all my faults so that Your strength can be seen through my weakness.
Thank-you for loving me, the wretch that I am.
You are sculpting me. Molding me. Changing me into who you want me to be. No, I will never be perfect. I will still sin. But You have freed me from these chains, and I need to live my life in the joy of that knowledge. Nothing can separate me from Your love. And with all my being I desire to do Your will.

How incredibly amazing is this God we serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment