Friday, July 15, 2011

Light and Dark

I just watched the movie Tangled. I think it is a super cute movie, and I love love love the animation! But the thing that gets me the most about the movie is when all the lanterns are lit and lift into the sky. IT IS SO COOL! Honestly, I don't really know why it affects me so, but I literally want to cry when I see it. I know, it's sad, maybe a little pathetic... but oh well. I cry alot. So get over it ;)



Anyways. I think it is amazing if compared to real life, and the spiritual world. One light sets off all the other light, and it is contagious and spreads all over the whole island. What about hearts, and the light we are to the world? The movie makes me wonder what it would be like to have the good news of Christ spread to everyone around, and for the light to literally spread through the darkness. It gives me the chills to think about! I love it.

I love comparisons between light and dark. God is light. He gave us His light to show the world.

It is interesting to see that good usually is conveyed in bright, or white colors, while evil is dark colors. I think the symbolism is awesome! And movies like The Lord of the Rings are so epic because they show the battle between light and dark, good and evil.

Soooooooooooooooo cool! There is a real battle going on, and we can't see it with our eyes. But I'm light, and God's already won. I want the light that I have to spread to those around me!!

I love the light. And, those are my random thoughts for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment