I skipped English class today.
Yes... besides senior skip day... I think that is my first class that I skipped for no reason other than I wanted to sleep in. I decided to skip it because I wanted a few extra minutes of sleep, class seems pointless, and I had a design paper to write, and a speech to practice. So I skipped. Then, after practicing my speech a few times and having it down AND writing almost all of my paper... I felt bad for skipping, because I had a lot of time.
There is this conflict inside of me! This is the first sememster in which I have fell asleep in class. TERRIBLE! I know. I feel awful! HOWEVER, staying up till all hours of the morning to finish my design homework causes me to lose needed hours of sleep, and sometimes I just can't help myself. I pay attention for the first part of class, but then the latter is impossible to stay awake through. Yet for the sake of attendance, at least I am in class. My history teacher says "I don't understand why people sleep in class. It is much more comfortable to sleep in bed." I totally agree! And history, in my opinion, has been one of those classes you never need to go to! All the notes are online. All assignments are online. We don't do anything in class but a lecture. For midterm... I studied all the terms listed on the study guide and got a 100%. The class itself is pointless. Same with English, which is just a repeate of my junior year english class (the one I failed the AP test for) so it is pointless as well. My speech teacher says "We give you three skips before you get counted down grade wise, so you might as well take them."
GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I don't know what to do! I always save my skips for some dire need for more time for my project, or am dying from sickness. Never just because I can. But if I fall asleep in class... I might as well skip and sleep in bed!
Funny story... I texted my mom the other day asking if I was allowed to skip English. She replied, "You are a big girl, you can decide." (I am sure she knew this would guilt me into going.) So I went. But today I didn't ask. I just didn't go. I think if I feel so guilty that it isn't a good thing to do! But if I am getting absolutly nothing out of class, then why go? So hard to know!
The good thing about skipping however, was my speech (it was on hiking in Colorado). I rushed through it a bit, but other than that, it went extremely well! My teacher and whole class were very impressed and I recieved tons of compliments. It was fun! I hate public speaking, but I can do it :) My professor reminded the class that I was the girl who froze during my first speech (yes... a speech about me... I froze for what seemed like 30 seconds... and then recovered and finished strong, but still.)
And to further my awesome start to the day, design went well. My painting t
Then... my friend Emily had this great idea to go to the mall! SO my friend Emily, and Shannon, my roommate Sarah, and I all went to the mall after dinner until 9pm. It was tons of fun! I bought a new hoodie, and looked at the adorable puppies, and even had Auntie Anne's!! Mmmmmm. It was so much fun to hang out with them! I took lots of pictures too, so that was great. I will have fun on photoshop later!! Hooray!!
There was so much fun stuff that went on today, and I did well with school... even though I skipped. I am looking forward to this weekend, and hope to get stuff done too!!
So, "Say Hey, it's a good day, even if things aren't going my way. Jesus is Lord and I am saved so, say hey, it's a good day!" - FFH
No comments:
Post a Comment